Do you feel like perfecting your swing under the tropics while you discover Reunion Island?
Reunion Island boasts a wide array of landscapes… and golf courses. It has three courses, which is a respectable number for an island of this size, especially as they complement one another well.
The oldest the Golf Club de Bourbon, founded in 1970, covers an area of 68 hectares in the heart of the Étang-Salé forest to the south of the island. Its 18-hole course is a joy to play (with four par-five holes), covering more than six kilometres through the palm trees, filaos, poinciana, tamarind trees and bougainvillea. The lush vegetation and black sandy ground give it a truly exotic feel.
Nowhere near as flat but offering spectacular views over the Indian Ocean, the Golf de Bassin Bleu overlooks the west coast of the island. Its 18 holes are varied and selective, stretching from the shade of the eucalyptus to the edges of the ravines. In fact, at hole number 4, you even have to cross a canyon! After all that effort, you will want to relax: golfers can enjoy the Kaolin wellness area for massages and healing treatments.
Smaller but with some fine greens, the 8-hole Golf Club du Colorado is nestled in the Colorado leisure park at La Montagne, in the heights of Saint-Denis. As you may have guessed, this is a hilly course. In fact, it is the highest golf course on Reunion Island, sitting at an average altitude of 600 metres. The gradients mean it is a technical course, with plenty of slopes making for a physically demanding game when you have to climb uphill … small but tough !
- Return flights on Air Austral in Economy class from JHB (Fri – Wed)
- Airport taxes
- Meet & Greet and assistance throughout your stay
- Group B Car Hire – pick up and drop off at the airport, unlimited mileage ( Driver must have a Credit Card for the holding deposit of EUR700)
- 5 Nights @ the 4* Saint Alexis Hotel in a deluxe room with breakfast daily
- 2 Green Fees at Golf Du Bassin Bleu
ZAR23 650 PER PERSON SHARING (Valid for travel in Low season **FEB to SEP** – subject to availability, currency and airport tax fluctuations at the time of enquiry/booking. Peak season surcharges will apply )
- Any items of a personal Nature
- Travel Insurance
- Meals not mentioned / included
- Nightly Tourist tax which is payable directly at each hotel – approx EUR0.80 pp/pn
- Optional Excursions
- Tips, Drinks, Taxi fares etc.
Depending on flights schedules for the time of your enquiry – this package is subject to change to either 4 or 7 Nights. We will advise accordingly. Accommodation can be downgraded or upgraded according to your budget.