Reunion, a hiker’s paradise.
Whatever your ability level, discover Reunion Island through its kids’ trails, family walks, or why not a night or beachfront walk; and for the more experienced, the more hilly trails.
Accompanied by experienced guides or on your own, mountain lodges and guest houses offer hospitality and a friendly welcome, for a well-deserved meal. Heritage, culture, gastronomy, wellness… Reunion Island holds the promise of unforgettable moments, enjoyed in safety. All the pleasures are found at the crossing of the ways.
It’s not just paradise beaches that have made Reunion Island’s reputation. The island is criss-crossed by numerous trails. There is something for all abilities. A guaranteed change of scenery !
D.1 Meet & Greet, Pick up the car and self drive to Saint Denis and hotel AUSTRAL
D.2 Self Drive to the valley of Salazie and Grand Ilet, then start of the hike to the valley of Mafate and
to reach the isolated village of Marla
Dinner and overnight in a mountain chalet ( Double room with private facilities )
D.3 Hike back to the car park ( 3 hours ) then drive down to the east coast to set up at charming hotel
DIANA DEA Lodge & Spa ( classic room) at Ste Anne for overnight
D.4 Drive along the South coast, our Garden Route , nestled by lava flew : numerous walks enable you
to explore this authentic area . Then drive up to Plaine des Cafres. Set up, dinner and overnight at
the Mountain hut of the volcano ( dormitory )
D.5 Hike to the summit of the volcano and main crater ( 5 hours), or just into the caldera . In the
afternoon, drive to Cilaos, Set up at hotel LE VIEUX CEP for overnight
D.6 Full day in the heart of the National Park : numerous hikes or walks to enjoy amazing sceneries. Our
complimentary book will help you to select the most appropriate. Overnight at Cilaos
D.7 Drive back to St Louis, then up to Les Makes to set up at a very special place, KAZ INSOLITE, which
displays its bubble rooms in the forest . Fantastic experience to sleep under the stars! Dinner included
D.8 Drive to the look out of « La Fenêtre », over the valley of Cilaos . You can decide for the hike to
« Piton Cabri » , ( 3 hours ), a nice combination of look out and nature .
Drive down to the west coast, and set up at LE NAUTILE , beach front room
D.9 Day at leisure , Le NAUTILE is a perfect place for snorkeling in the lagoon
D.10 According to flight schedules, drive back to the airport
Flights depart on Sundays and Tuesdays
UU 342 Q JNBRUN DK1 1410 2000
UU 341 Q RUNJNB DK1 1040 1255
- RETURN FLIGHTS ON AIR AUSTRAL IN ECONOMY CLASS FROM JHB
- AIRPORT TAXES
- MEET & GREET AND ASSISTANCE THROUGHOUT YOUR STAY
- 9 DAYS OF CAR RENTAL GROUP A ( TWINGO 2 DOORS OR SIMILAR), FROM/ TO THE AIRPORT, , UNLIMITED MILEAGE
- 9 NIGHTS IN THE COUNTRY SIDE OF THE ISLAND, BOUTIK HOTELS , MOUNTAIN CHALETS, BUBBLE HOTEL ETC TO FEEL CLOSER TO THE NATURE
- ITINERARY WITH WALKS AND SMALL HIKES ( NO MORE THAN 3 HOURS ) TO ENJOY
- MOUNTAIN , FOREST AND NATURE : ALL THE DIVERSITY OF THE ISLAND
- COMPLIMENTARY GUIDE BOOK WITH 152 HIKES ANY LEVEL, AROUND THE ISLAND
ZAR26 900 PER PERSON SHARING
Rates are valid for travel from February to September. They are subject to availability, currency and airport tax fluctuations. If you have children travelling with you please advise their ages so we may quote accordingly. For rates from October to January – please enquire with us.
- Any items of a personal Nature
- Travel Insurance of ZAR1 865 per couple
- Meals not mentioned / included
- Nightly Tourist tax which is payable directly at each hotel – approx EUR 0.80 pp/pn
- Optional Excursions
- Tips, Drinks, Taxi fares etc.