1. The scenic landscapes
When it comes to photogenic landscapes Reunion Island has zero competition.Newlyweds in Reunion Island are sure to be overwhelmed by the beautiful views; especially from the top of the volcanoes.
2. The architectural & man-made wonders
There’s a wealth of historic sites, religious buildings, and cultural centres. Including top-notch museums such as the Aquarium de la Réunion, Kelonia Observatory of Sea Turtles, and Réunion Museum of Natural History. Couples may also visit the highly popular Hôtel de ville de Saint-Denis.
3. Amazing adventurous activities.
There plenty to do for the adrenaline junkies including hiking, mountain biking, rafting, paragliding trekking, canyoning, horse riding, and even scuba diving.
The following is a list of the best experiences of an adventure honeymoon in Reunion Island:
- Nature hiking & camping: Hell-Bourg, a hamlet in the Cirque de Salazie on the East side of Piton des Neiges offers trails of all difficulty levels; all leading up to mind-blowing viewpoints.
- Snorkeling & scuba-diving: Reunion Island offers some amazing diving opportunities. The natural reef and the shark-free waters of Saint Pierre are perfect for the water sports.
- Trekking up to volcano tops: Iconic summits, including Piton des Neiges and Piton de la Fournaise, present the adventure-seeking honeymooners some long trekking routes.
- Canyoning: A canyoning trip of Bras Rouge offers 45-minute walk through canyons, cliff jumping, and abseiling down waterfalls.
4. A Food Lovers Paradise
The multiple cultures in Reunion Island influence a cuisine like no other. The trendy beach restaurants serve great seafood. Couples on their honeymoon in Reunion Island should try the various B&Bs for out-of-this-world delicacies. And for those with a sweet-tooth, baguettes, croissants, & cakes served at the French bakeries are there in plenty.
5. Perfect Resorts to end the eventful day on a high.